In titling this post, I was reminded of a movie I recently saw-"Extremely loud and incredibly close"- in which a young boy named Oskar struggles with the loss of his father who died on 9/11, or as he refers to it, the worst day.
In the movie, Oskar compares the year following his father's death to that of the time it takes for the sun to die out. "If the sun were to explode, you wouldn't even know about it for 8 minutes because that's how long it takes for light to travel to us. For eight minutes the world would still be bright and it would still feel warm. It was a year since my dad died and I could feel my eight minutes with him... were running out."
Saturday, July 28, 2012, was the worst day for me and my fur baby Dozer. The day the signs of illness landed us in the animal ER. Within days he was diagnosed with canine lymposarcoma. Suddenly our future together feels like it is quickly running out.
After long talks with the vet, and a lot of research, I understand that Dozer's time with us will likely be cut in half (or more). However, I am extremely determined to provide him with a full quality of life, and hopeful that we are blessed with more time.
I hope to capture our fleeting time together, offer others information that may be helpful in their dealings with canine lymphoma, and mostly I hope to honor the life and love of my baby Dozey Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment